Monday, June 20, 2011

The Calm...

Hi everyone! This is my first attempt at a new blog site to record our trip up to Alaska this summer. I'll just post it to my Facebook and e-mail it out to you guys as we embark on this crazy journey! I should warn you, although I love writing, I am not a very creative writer, so this isn't going to be some spectacular must-read for you guys. But I do hope you enjoy following our trek up to the Last Frontier, and I'm excited to document this trip for our own use!

So yes, the calm before the storm is here this morning. Jordan left for work and I asked him what I could do on our MONUMENTAL list of things to do before we leave in just 12 days! After a brief pause he says "Um, not much." Huh? I know that list is long, but unfortunately, Jordan's got to be the one to do most of it! Which is driving. me. crazy. If you know me, I like to GET THINGS DONE. So to just sit here, having my biggest decision this morning be should I watch Good Morning America or the Today Show, is pure torture.

Here's the schedule for those of you wondering when we're leaving, etc...

Wednesday, June 29th- Movers come to pack and load our stuff.
Thursday, June 30th- CLEAN THIS HOUSE TO PERFECTION... ugh.
Friday, July 1st- Final housing inspection at 9am, prepare last minute things for trip, hold back tears and we say goodbye to beloved friends.
Saturday, July 2nd in the wee hours of the morning- Depart for Rapid City, SD where Jordan's Air Force band will be performing at Mt. Rushmore for the 4th of July!

From there on out, there's a very extensive, detailed itinerary, but you'll get to follow us on that as we drive... and drive... and drive the 4500+ miles to Anchorage, AK.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment