Thursday, June 30, 2011

Moved.

Yesterday three guys came to the house, packed up our stuff and moved it. And as the truck drove away, I was left with a very weird feeling.  I don't know how to describe it, so I'll just write down what I was thinking at that time. "Wow, there it all goes. It's gone. Someone just drove away with practically everything Jordan and I own. And we trusted them to do that and get it where it needs to be. Huh, well, I guess that's it then." Then a few minutes later, I had this thought: "If our stuff didn't get there, I really don't think I'd miss it. It's just stuff. I have my wonderful husband and my dog. That's all I need." And then I looked at our jam-packed car for our trip and had this thought: "So if they're all I need, why do I have all of this stuff in my car?"  Followed by this thought: "Well, I guess I physically need food, a tent to sleep in, and dog food for Layla... let's be real."

Anyways, I'm writing today to talk about how more than just our stuff was moved yesterday.  I think as I started the day, I was only thinking about how everything would get done. But by the end of the day, I only cared about the people I was eating ice-cream with, who selflessly and enthusiastically came to help clean our house last night, who watched our very lively dog for an entire day, who dropped everything they were doing to help me pick up the carpet cleaner, for giving us and Layla a warm welcome at our hotel.... and I'll be honest, I was thinking about sleeping that night.  I am just so grateful for you all. And words cannot express my gratitude.  Words won't do what I'm feeling justice. Except to help me tell you thank you for not only moving our stuff, but for moving me, too.

1 comment:

  1. You got it right girl! Stuff is Stuff..... Thank God for your wonderful husband & sweet pup...and for all your friends who love you dearly.... no matter the miles, the amount of "stuff" you have or dont have... We love you and are so glad we will be friends for life!

    ReplyDelete