Monday, July 4, 2011

Free Falling...

Hi everyone... greetings from Rapid City still. Sorry there was no post last night, but it's hard to use wi-fi in the middle of a forested campground. Besides, who would want to be on their computer when they can enjoy the beautiful stars and warm campfire?

After Jordan and I took care of some things yesterday morning (Sunday), we made our way to Custer State Park and found our awesome friends, the Snyders, waiting for us at our campsite! What a wonderful thing it has been to have them with us these past two days... especially for me as Jordan has been working most of the time. Tim, Susan, Abby, Ally, and their niece/cousin Sidney, joined us camping last night and came to both of Jordan's gigs. They traveled all the way up from where we lived in NE to see him perform (well, they do have family two hours away in WY, but let's just believe it was all about us.. haha).

The Snyders and I hung out in Hill City for the afternoon while Jordan was at Rushmore setting up for his gig. We ate some pizza, got some GOOD ice cream, and just enjoyed our time together. When we got to Rushmore, I was just overwhelmed by how proud I felt to see my husband up there on the stage beneath a national memorial in our country, playing his music. God just amazes me with how good He is to us. Jordan really does have the best job there could ever be for a musician.

The gig at Rushmore was great. The Snyders and I sweat through the first hour as the sun was beating down on us. I kept looking at it and thinking, why isn't it going down at ALL? Eventually it did, as the sun likes to do, and we more comfortably enjoyed the second hour Night Wing played. LOTS of video and pics will be posted.

We ended our day back at the campsite enjoying a campfire and s'mores before calling it a night. Then, I just waited for the Snyder girls to squeal at any little sound they heard as it was their first time camping. I was so amazed when I woke up the next morning to find they had all stayed in their tent and actually slept! Yay!

So today, (happy 4th everyone!), we cooked some pancakes, sausage, and eggs for breakfast, cleaned up, and headed down to the beautiful lake we're staying at to take some "family" photos. (those will be posted when I get them from Abby).

Thing #1 I learned today: Climbing rocks in Old Navy $2 flip flops is NOT a good idea.

Thing #1 Jordan learned today: No, the Snyders van is not the one you tried to get into at the lake.

Thing #2 I learned today: Do NOT run in said Old Navy flip flops down a gravel hill on your way to the bathroom or you WILL trip, fall, and badly scrap your entire body, thus regretting the decision to run.

Thing #2 Jordan learned today: no the Snyder's van is NOT the one you actually got yourself into at the convenience store and realized it wasn't their van when you saw the man sitting in the driver's seat!

The girls did enjoy some time in the water, while I made the intelligent decision not to swim in lake water after badly scraping my entire body and risking a Staph infection. :)

Jordan's gig in Rapid City today was at a really nice park across the street from the hotel we stayed in Saturday night. They had a good gig, minus some technical difficulties (go Brian!).

Thing #3 I learned today: After the Night Wing gig, it is NOT fun to say goodbye to friends you consider your own family and would do anything for. But I do know how blessed I am to have had you all in my life and in Jordan's. We are better people because we know you all, and because of the way you've loved us. THANK YOU!

Out for pizza in Hill City





Rock on Abby! 
Tim and Susan really enjoyed the 80s tunes :)

My leg after my fall... not pictured: my ankle, hip, right knee, and two hands. 

Regretting my decision to run in flip flops.



Ok, time to wrap up this entry before I get teary again, for the MILLIONTH time this past week. Tomorrow we head to Thermopolis, WY. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. So glad it was just a normal day with the Kimbles and not an emotional train wreck the entire time. I HATED saying good bye but what a fun and special weekend it was! Here's to more in the future when we can get a chance! LOVE YOU GUYS!! Thanks for all you are!

    ReplyDelete