Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What a beautiful night...

Last night we went to the Space Needle for dinner.  I made reservations awhile ago to make sure we got in because this is something I've always wanted to do.  It's a 500 foot tower basically, that has a revolving restaurant at the top.  You take an elevator to the top.  The kind lady on the elevator told us it was a 41 second ride up at 10mph, and the tower was built in 1962 for the Worlds Fair. We were seated at a beautiful table right by the windows (all the tables are on the edge or facing out so you can see the view). The restaurant revolves once around every 47 minutes, so you don't feel like you're moving too fast, but you get to see the entire city in one sitting.  It was so beautiful to see such a busy city and then these huge mountains just towering in the background.  

Not knowing what to expect, we just wore our best jeans and shirts.   That was the best we could do anyways, as we didn't pack fancy clothes to camp across the country!  We felt slightly underdressed as I looked around and saw women in dresses and men in suits, but then I saw a women walk in with 4 kids and she was in sweatpants, so my confidence was boosted:) I ordered an Atomic Berry Lemonade and the Seafood Fettuccine Carbonara and Jordan had a couple beers and the Wild King Salmon dish. It was absolutely delish!  Since we were surprised by a nice gift to take care of the bill for us, we even ordered tiramisu for dessert! My fave.

After dinner we did what any romantic couple would do on a nice night out on the town.  We took a romantic walk. I should mention it was through a Target.  But it was the coolest Target ever! You had to take an escalator to get to the main floor and then there was a second floor above that! Our mission: dog shampoo and organic fruit strips (we're addicted Rachel Keller!).  Our evening was full of laughs as Jordan somehow dropped one bottle of shampoo without tripping or bumping into anything, watched it explode, and then grabbed a new bottle; and also as Jordan laughed at me for the way I get carefully plan how to get onto escalators (they're scary and could suck me in!). Jordan shared with me how he felt like we were on a first date again and he was seeing me for the first time and falling in love all over again... aww. (Ok, I added that last part, but I'm sure he just forgot to mention it.)





After returning to the hotel, we gave Layla a nice scrub now and fell asleep. It's now Tuesday morning and we're going to head into the city, explore a little, close out our Bank of America account, and kiss the US goodbye for the next week.  Next stop tonight, VANCOUVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment