Thursday, July 14, 2011

Plink!

That was the sound of Jordan's wedding band falling somewhere in the abyss between the passenger seat and the middle console.  Yup.... let me hold you in suspense for a few paragraphs before I provide more detail. And no cheating by scrolling ahead. Yes, you have to endure my explanation of our day just like I had to endure experiencing it in real life. Read on.

The first plinking sounds we heard were at approximately 6:22 this morning as rain drops began sprinkling on our tent.  We've had one big goal this trip: do NOT get caught in the rain. Sooooo, I've never seen Jordan jump up so fast and get going in the morning.  We were packed and on the road by 7:02. Go us!

A couple notes on today's drive:

1. I am really looking forward to eating a breakfast that was not purchased at a gas station and way overpriced, and also doesn't come out of a crinkly bag inside a cardboard box. Ahh, I can only dream.

2. You almost didn't get a blog tonight as the adapter cord for my mac stopped working to charge the computer.  We ended up having to stop in Prince George around lunch time to find a new cord... it was like trying to find a needle in the haystack that is the remote towns of Canada.

3. We hit many delays this afternoon... one in which I had plenty of time to take Layla out for a walk, feed her, walk her again, and then do my "gotta pee but there's no where to pee" dance. After about 30 minutes of waiting I decided to take a hike into the woods across the street. Until I was rudely stopped by a wire fence that was impossible to jump in my skinny jeans and flip flops.  Poor planning on "popping a squat" preparation on my part.  Take note for future endeavors.

4. THANK the Lord for hotels on rainy days/nights! We are staying at a beautiful one in Chetwynd, British Columbia for just the night. It has a jacuzzi. I'm writing this really fast so I can be done with the blog and go soak for awhile.... our "road backs" are killing us from sitting in those Santa Fe mass-produced car seats.

5. After some approximate calculation today in our Milepost, it appears we have only 1700 miles to go til Anchorage! So, if we drive really fast, I learn to pee a little faster when we stop (I'm getting really good at it by the way- at one point today Jordan even asked if I washed my hands as I was so fast), and we don't get stopped for hours on end at construction sites, we may make it to our final destination by either Sunday or Monday! That's pretty optimistic, but at this point, we need to feel like the end is in sight.

6. Don't worry, I didn't forget to explain the first Plink! Jordan loves to play with his wedding band... you know, twirl it between his fingers and the like. Well, I think he learned a really big lesson today when it disappeared for a good 25 minutes in between the seats.  Luckily we were able to look as we were waiting at one of those really long stops in the road... so let me paint a little picture for you: passenger seat is pulled as far forward as it can go and the back is now bent forward as well. Did I mention I'm somehow still sitting in the seat? Jordan is pulling things out from under and around the seat, I'm upside down with my head hanging so I can see under the front side, and still, no sight of the ring. Jordan was just about to begin apologizing profusely to me for losing his wedding band, when I just reached my hand down one last time, and whatdoyaknow?! There it was! Maybe he'll keep it on his finger for the rest of his life like he promise me 2 1/2 years ago.

7. Not too many pictures today. We didn't have a chance to take any of us looking for the ring, as we were kinda tied up in that moment, and I was for sure not going to let Jord take any of me climbing into the slippery, wet woods to go pee. So just enjoy these few:)


The town we're staying in is known for these beautiful wood carvings! Jord snapped these when he went out to pick up dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment